Mindfulness Curriculum Teacher Training:
WHAT: Mindfulness is the practice of being fully aware of each present moment and understanding your relation to those moments.
HOW: It uses basic meditations of breathing, listening, visualizing to create calm, joy, compassion for others, and self appreciation
FOR: These practices have proven effective for all ages of students, teachers, staff, and parents within our global communities.
Reduction of stress
Ability to be less reactive
Increased clarity in decision making
Enables new approaches and insight
Understanding of relationships
Better interactions with others
Kinder approaches to adversity
More congeniality with diversified workplaces
WHY? In our multi tasking, fast paced, global communities our quest for quick answers, immediate results and productivity often preclude us from momentarily stopping, breathing, de-stressing and being joyful, learning from and being appreciative of each experience. These skills are necessary to be effective in today’s workplace, and to have an understanding of the associated tools that students need.
Mindfulness practices bring out the natural positive qualities that are already within us! Every person is born with positive virtues, aspirations, and innate knowledge that they came into this world with! So, Mindfulness does not mean you have to try to be someone different or learn a new initiative! These practices allow you to be your natural self.
The result is deeper understanding, increased teaching ability, enhanced compassion for others, and knowledge of how to truly listen to each other to create solutions.
More empathetic and resourceful community and team members that have increased opportunity to experience joy, have tools to be often less reactive when faced with adversity, better insight to the diverse needs of students and colleagues and have a better overall sense of well-being towards themselves and in relationships.
Single Day Professional Development, Group Faculty interactive workshops, Webinars
PROGRAM BRUSH STROKES:
The tenets of mindfulness are introduced and implemented through creative pilot programs that are embedded into each day, and at varied times; during professional development days, departmental retreats, and at the beginning of meetings. Additionally through the use of peer-to-peer videoconferences, apps, sound and visual media technologies, these concepts and practices and their teachings are shared.
The Six Tenets: Breathing, Seeing, Listening, Speaking, Vibrating, and Teaching
- Breathe in to areas of tension, breathe out slower and let these tensions melt, relax
- Gain awareness, gaze deeply into and beyond objects and people, begin to notice things you may not have seen before
- Imagine playing with positive light spheres, work with your healing energy,
- Notice that you are not your thoughts, and that you can observe emotions and reactions, without owning or being affected by them
- Know that our mind and our thoughts often feel like a rushing waterfall - just let them float by like a river, calming
- Realize that everything is impermanent; … will you feel this way tomorrow?
- Understand that all things in the universe vibrate, you do too! - and you are connected to others through a concept called 'inter-being'
- Gain unconditional love and compassion through this for yourself and for others
- Get in touch with your natural self, learn to make peace with our imperfections "to be completely incomplete" & comfortably evolving
- Allow yourself to be passionate and caring and create action but with a calm mind, and an understanding of other's
- Be fully aware of each moment, and live with true joy
Summary of Tenets:
BREATHING: Awareness of breath, using your mind and intent to direct the flow of breathing, conscious breathing for healing, grounding and focus. We explore sending and receiving energy, and we offer practices encompassing simple breathing exercises to restore, detect and break up blockages, relax, calm, and enhance each moment. The breath can be used to open passages within your body to bring about better sleep. There are times you can go without water and food or sleep, but not without breath!
SEEING: Awareness of sight, to see beyond objects and discover their true nature, one experiences inter-being. If each moment is viewed in a non-judgmental manner it allows that which is illusion to flow past and your focus begins to calm. Sight and thoughts are like rivers within you. At first they rush, like a waterfall but with practice they become still an ocean with no waves. It is in these moments of stillness that you awaken your innate Buddha nature, feel joy and compassion, which connects you with all beings, to see the subtle magic and wonder around you.
LISTENING: To speak back or listening to actually understand and have true compassion are different aspirations. One can cause suffering, the other, healing. To develop virtue in your ability to be there for others is the beginning step to unconditional love. Whether in negotiations, relationships, friendships or collaborations, those who truly listen with this intent can hear beneath the surface. Awareness of listening focuses on the harmonies and rhythms of your body, mind and surroundings, creating holism and wellness.
SPEAKING: Learn how to use the elements of nature, inspiration of mind and body and true joy of being in each moment fully with sublime bliss to express your beauty and feelings. Discover alternatives to falling into the trap of using your voice for purposes of mis-communication and cynicism. Explore the power of your voice, compassion, and kindness, and allow yourself to say what you feel in a depersonalized way. Healing for working teams, parent/child relationships, couples or inner conversation with the nature of your true being.
VIBRATING: The world is sound. By awakening your 'Sound Body', you become aware and can tune into your internal flow of life energy, to recharge, revitalize! Everything in the universe vibrates. Each cell, each molecule can deeply re-energize. By using music that has unique acoustical qualities you resonate and create sublime states of calm, with profound effects. They entrain your central nervous system. You re-align, attain deep relaxation, and are able to create healing imprints to enhance both sleep and waking moments.
TEACHING: To teach compassion and unconditional love is truly a beautiful virtue. Whether receiving or giving, to understand and benefit from the lineage of these aspirations will deepen your understanding. By embedding this knowledge into your daily practices you gain wisdom. Knowledge in itself is subject to momentary accuracy. Understanding of impermanence, separation of yourself from your thoughts, causes and reactions will open your mind and create clarity in approach. You begin to balance emotion, gain lifelong skills of true joy and share in the benefiting of others.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND ACTIVITIES:
We customize curriculum for your specific teacher, staff and administrative needs. Activities include proven practices that involve:
· Conscious and intent breathing
· Development of intuition and wisdom senses
· Storytelling through verbal and visual expression
· Being in the moment through walking, visualizing and observing
· Toning and awakening your ‘Sound Body’
· Sacred sound and vibrational instruments
· Connecting faces through Media
· Music technology and sound apps
· Transforming emotions
· Practicing circles of kindness and compassion
· Giving and receiving
· Psychoacoustics and central nervous system entrainment
· Expansive and guided imagery
· Deep listening
· Calm abiding and Shamatha meditation
· Mindful writing and speaking
· Practicing equanimity
· Recalling innate knowledge
· Becoming comfortable with silence and stillness