Next one is Dec 2nd, Sunday
Coming again 12/9!
Will be accompanying Erica Velasquez at Yoga In The Vines with Crystal Bowls, Tibetan and Himalayan Bowls and other ambient sampled sounds, great spot for yoga!
Date: Tuesday - May 22, 2018
Time: 10:15 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Avenues, The World School
259 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10001
Between 25th and 26th Street
Facilitator: Daniel Lauter
Back by popular demand, this is a practical, experiential and fun introductory workshop on differentiated practices for the teaching of Mindfulness.
We will learn very accessible methods to practice and teach, with break out groups to try each out. Focus will be on basic tenets to help you mindfully breathe, see, listen, speak, vibrate and teach. These will be age appropriate through lower, middle and upper divisions; evidence based practices you and your students, families, can do in the classroom or at home. The workshop also includes ways to embed and customize Mindfulness practices into your curriculum.
AREAS OF FOCUS WILL INCLUDE:
- Mindfulness Meditation, Relaxation
- Experiencing Stillness and Calm
- De-stressing and Lessening Anxieties using Focused Breathing
- Generating Awareness through Seeing Deeply and Being In The Moment
- Awakening Your Sound Body through the Use of Sound Tools and Vocal Toning
- Mindful Storytelling and Empowerment
- Working With Positive Energy and Affirmations
- Transforming Negative Emotions Through Compassion Circles
- Mindful Listening to Develop Empathy for self and others
- Zen Motion, The Use of Mindfulness In Walking, Sports Warm Ups and Preparation
- Mindfulness and Connectivity through Media and App Technology